The Lake Como region has been a popular tourist destination in Italy, thanks to its cultural and artistic attractions. It is also a popular retreat for the wealthy and famous people, simply because its beauty is enhanced only by its peaceful and natural glory. There are plenty of things to do in this place. Here are nine great tips for you to have the time of your life:
1. Explore Isola di Comacino, which is the only island in the lakes area. This is one of the more popular things to do for those that wish to explore the historical culture of the area. If you find yourself here around the last week of June, you may even be able to take part in the festival of San Giovanni, which is the oldest festival of the area.
2. Como is one of the major producers of silk in all of Europe, so visiting the Silk Museum, called the Museo Didattico della Seta, is a fun and educational activity. Here you can learn all about the history of the silk industry of Como.
3. The Risorgimento and Resistance museum are also popular things to do for all the history fanatics. Aside from having a wide variety of paraphernalia, it is also most known for being the place where Mussolini was captured.
4. Although quite pricey, a lot of people still love to make use of planes for hire and take a trip above the lake and Como itself. This is your chance to have a peek at this popular tourist destination from a whole new and exhilarating angle.
5. A trip to Italy is not complete without having tasted their amazing selection of wine, so visiting a popular winery like Cava turacciolo ranks high in lists of things to do in Lake Como. Not only will you have your pick from 300 different labels of wine, you will also experience drinking it in an 18th century cave/wine cellar that has been completely restored and made into a rather interesting place to just relax and enjoy.
6. Lake Como is also a great place for parks and gardens, so if you want to see a rather spectacular example of these places, you must definitely make a visit to Villa del Balbianello. You can enjoy the sight of the lake and walk around the many gardens, or you can purchase a tour of the villa or just a simple photo pass so that you can freely take photos inside.
7. One of the advantages of being in Italy is being able to buy designer Italian brands without having to go broke. Visit the Armani factory store and feast your eyes on designs that the world has not even seen just yet.
8. Play 18 holes over at the Menaggio & Cadenabbia, one of the best golf courses in Como, where there are lush greens and spectacular views.
9. And if you ever feel like you've done all the things to do in Lake Como, you can always plan a day trip to Milan, the fashion capital of the world, and enjoy a day of luxury eating, shopping and living.
This place has something for everybody, so whether you wish to experience the best in shopping and dining, or enjoy the pristine backdrop of Lake Como in its finest, you will not be disappointed!
Some interesting Lake Como information:
Around Italy in 2 Minutes - Como